Sunday 6 November 2011

Hot & Earthy Carrot Basil Soup

I make a lot of soups, the majority of which I do not post the recipe to (sorry) because they are just spur of the moment things I do not bother to measure out. I love raw soups because they are so cheap, easy, delicious, healthy, and did I mention easy? I like that. A lot. I think this is one is tied with my Creamy Spiced Corn Chowder for my favourite soup recipe.

Hot & Earthy Carrot Basil Soup:

4 Organic Carrots
1 Stick of Celery
4 Sun Dried Tomatoes
Large Handful of Fresh Basil
A Few sprigs of Fresh Parsley
360 ml (1 1/2 cups) Warm Water
2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
2-3 Tbsp Basic Cashew Cheeze, optional
1 tsp Black Pepper
A few grinds of Mustard Seed, optional
A pinch of Fleur De Sel, optional

Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Garnish with nutritional yeast if you like (as I did). Mmmm! Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment