Saturday 26 November 2011

Dark Chilli-Chocolate Balls

2 Heapin' handfuls of Desiccated Coconut
3 Handfuls of Dates (if I had to guess I would say 240 ml/1 Cup)-Dried & Pitted
5 Pecans (you may omit this if you are allergic but I think they make it much nicer)
2 Tbsp Wholenut Peanut Butter (regular will do in a pinch, but whole nut is less sweet so if you use smooth ect reduce the sweeteners that you add)
2 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (I prefer cacao as it is raw, but we are broke and cocoa powder is cheaper.)
2 Pinches Date Sugar
2 Pinches of Chilli Powder(or about 1/8 to 1/4 Teaspoons)
3/4 Tbsp Maple Syrup

Everything goes in the food processor. Add dates & coconut first, grind them on hi-speed, then rinse the pecans to remove the enzyme inhibitors and then add them...and then everything else, one by one blending each time you add an ingredient. I used 1/2 Tbsp to scoop it into balls but any size spoon will do. Yumm! I missed chilli chocolate-not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment