Thursday 27 October 2011

Paul's Mushroom Salad

OK, I am...not a mushroom person. However, it was a big effort on my former cheese luvvin' husband's part to go vegan, let alone RAW (you rock, Paul, seriously). So, to thank him for the tremendously good thing he is doing for: the environment, animals, plants, his body and health, in being a positive role model for our son, ridding himself of his negative relationship with food and boosting my ego (by loving my uncooking!) and happiness...well, to thank him, I take the rare requests he makes and do my best to uncook what I can with them. So, my husband loves mushrooms. LOVES. Here is a hearty, earthy salad we've invented together:

2 Large Chestnut Mushrooms, chopped
1 Large Tomato, diced
About 2/3 of a Leek, diced
About a Tablespoon's worth of diced Red Onion
Small handful of Pine Nuts
Black Pepper

Toss ingredients in a bowl. Paul used a Mexican honey-mustard for a dressing, but you could use whatever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment