Thursday 15 December 2011

Salmonella free COOKIE DOUGH!!! :)

I got the inspiration for this from the awesome vegan dessert blog, Chocolate-Covered Katie's most popular post. However, her recipe wasn't working out for me for some reason, so I completely reinvented it working around a couple of same base ingredients.

1 Can of Chickpeas, Drained (Yes, you read that right. Chickpeas. Garbanzo beans.)
2 1/2 Tablespoons Nut Butter of your choosing
2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
About 120 Ml (1/2 Cup) Sweetener-I used a combination of Agave & Maple Syrup
145 Ml (or a little over half a cup) Rolled Porridge Oats (Oatmeal)
1 Sun-Dried Vanilla Bean
1-2 Tbsp Rice Milk
1 Tbsp Gluten Substitute (I used Orgrans' G-F Gluten Substitute)
1 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Tbsp Arrowroot
1/2 Tbsp Date Sugar (Optional)
1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Fleur De Sel/Sea Salt

Everything goes into the food processor at high speed. Leave it on for a few minutes, stir periodically. You may do what I did and add some vegan chocolate chunks, or you can stir in some cinnamon. Freeze for 20-30 minutes if you want it a bit thicker.
Makes a huge bowl of cookie dough-divide between 2-4 people. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment